Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero didn’t enjoy a last appearance for the club at Wembley Stadium after he was left on the bench for the whole of the Carabao Cup final encounter with Spurs at the weekend.
Sergio Aguero is the leading scorer in the history of Manchester City but his time at the club is coming to an end. His imminent exit from the club has already been confirmed via an official statement released last month His contract at Manchester City expires this summer and he’s expected to move to another club on a free transfer. Read More
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has agreed a deal to sign for Spanish club Barcelona in the summer on a free transfer. This is according to the various reports in the British media. Sergio Aguero is said to have agreed a two-year deal withthe Catalans ahead of the start of the new season in August. The Argentine international is presently free to speak with clubs outside the Premier League as he has a few months to run on his deal with City at the moment. Aguero would be a free agent in the summer as it looks like Manchester City are ready to move on without one of their best players.
Sergio Aguero signed for Manchester City in the summer of 2011. He joined the club in a big money transfer from Spanish team Atletico Madrid and he went on to help the club to win the league title in his debut season. The petite striker was responsible for the late goal that earned Manchester City their first Premier League title at the end of the 2011/12 campaign and their first league title for several decades. Since his debut season, Sergio Aguero has been able to claim the status of the leading goalscorer in the Citizens’ history. He has also won three more league titles in addition to the one from his debut season. A fifth league title is within sights for him and Manchester City this season. Read More
Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero was an unused substitute as the Premier League table toppers extended their lead at the top of the table with an excellent away win over Everton on Merseyside. Sergio Aguero stayed on the bench for the entire duration of the game as Everton fought gamely but were outclassed by a superior opponent in Manchester City.
The Premier League leaders were able to extend their long winning streak with a 3-1 win over the Toffees at Goodison Park. Manchester City had won their last 15 games in all competitions since the disappointing 1-1 draw at home to struggling West Brom in December. That game proved to be the last one for West Brommanager SlavenBilic, who was sacked despite the good result and was replaced by current Baggies boss Sam Allardyce. Read More
Ex-Liverpool player Graeme Souness has revealed why Manchester City won’t win the Premier League title this season. Graeme Souness talked about Manchester City and their charge towards another Premier League title while he was on Sky Sports earlier this week.
According to him, Manchester City need striker Sergio Aguerofit and firing on all cylinders if they want to be a genuine title contender. Manchester City have largely coped without Sergio Aguero this season but Graeme Souness is adamant that the Citizens need the Argentine international back in their starting XI if they want to genuinely challenge for the Premier League title this term. Read More
Former Premier League champions Manchester City have reportedly identified a replacement for star striker Sergio Aguero potentially. This is according to the report coming out of the media in the United Kingdom. It was revealed that Citizens have initiated a succession plan for Sergio Aguero who’s the leading goalscorer in the history of the club.
The Sunday Telegraph reported that Manchester City have identified Benfica striker Darwin Nunez as a potential replacement for Sergio Aguero. He’s said to be one of the players under consideration at the Etihad Stadium. Nunez averaged one goal in two games for Almeria CF of Spain last season to help himself to a big money move to Portuguese giants Benfica in the summer. The former European champions paid £21.8m for the 21-year-old striker at the start of the season. Read More
This is not a drill! The newly minted Premier League champs Liverpool were hosted at the Etihad Thursday night by the former champions Manchester City. Pep Guardiola had confirmed that his side will give the guard of honour to the Reds. They did rightly so but what happened next remains shocking.
The Cityzens flogged Liverpool 4-0, leaving everyone including themselves shocked at the scoreline. Raheem Sterling and Kevin de Bryne pretty much ran the show, and they were clinical!The English winger won a controversial penalty against Joe Gomez which the Belgian converted from the spot in the 25th minute. Read More
Barcelona have emerged as a serious contender for the signature of teen star Cesar Gelabert. In a twist of events the Blaugrana have now declared their interest in the highly rated academy product of their old rivals Real Madrid.
The youngster is in loggerhead with parent club Real Madrid over a long-term contract extension. The future of the player is uncertain, and Barcelona are watching the player’s contract issue with keen interest. The club is ready to make the move for the player as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Read More
After a vehement Liverpool fan made a Twitter post that displayed the footage made by Babel’s Romeo Di Marzio, several comments arose from other fans of Liverpool and Ryan Babel of course. The footage was in mockery of the injured opponent in Ajax’s Europa League game against Getafe where they had a 2-0 win. The post also put out a question to the general public asking if it was right for Babel to make fun of the player or not. The first option held, “Yes, he was faking it” while the second was on the opposing side of, “No, he was bang out of order”.
Below the post were several responses and comments from fans and supporters for either of the comments. In the footage, one could clearly see Babel mockingly imitating an opponent for the Getafe side who had gone down to the floor in an apparent injury. Read More
Manchester City attacker Bernardo Silva has talked about the prospect of Manchester City going all the way and winning their maiden Champions League crown. The Citizens have endured a difficult Premier League campaign where they have been brushed aside by Liverpool during the first half of the season and they are already 14 points behind the Reds at the top of the table, having played an extra game more.
As a result, their prospects of retaining the league title for the third year running seem non-existent at the moment and Silva has acknowledged the same. However, the Portuguese footballer has started the club can still defend the FA Cup and League Cup titles from the previous year and while challenging for the Champions League crown where they have disappointingly fallen short over the past few years. Read More
Manchester City have been good this season but not necessarily at their best with some poor results which has seen them lose pace with leaders Liverpool. However, Pep Guardiola has a growing problem in the attack which has been on for the past three seasons.
The choice between Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus has been one that has plagued the Spaniard since the arrival of the Brazilian three seasons ago. Initially, Gabriel Jesus had the edge with the Brazilian, high pressing a major factor in Guardiola’s decision. Read More